Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Own a Mom Suit


I do. I own a "mom suit" now. That's not be confused with a "birthday suit". No. Definitely not. It's to COVER the birthday suit.
Let me explain: I've been taking the girls to the pool somewhat regularly but haven't been able to bring myself to get into the water. It's not our own private pool. I am usually fully clothed when we go downstairs. Sometimes I wear my bathing suit, but I usually cover it up with a dress. And then I sit at a table and try to read or pay some bills or take photos of the girls or listen to my ipod. They have a blast. I sweat. And I don't dare get into that pool unless no one else is around OR their back is turned to me. And can I just tell you the true reason? It's my body image. Yeah. It's still that. I have the same fabulous bikini that I wore on my honeymoon. I hadn't purchased a bathing suit since. My sister gave me a "tankini" hand me down about four years ago. I think that was the summer that my bikini stopped fitting me (after Mateja was born - nine months after I initially wore that sexy little number). Oh anyway... I finally broke down and bought a one piece "mom suit." The "Mom Suit" is what I call it because that's all that I ever remember my mom wearing. And now, here I am in her suit. (well, not really) I have to be honest though, you'll find me in the pool these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers