Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flowers speak


Flowers. I absolutely LOVE them. I'm not talking about store bought flowers though or flowers in a vase or flowers that my husband might surprise me with at work (he did that when I had an office job) or flowers that he might bring home... No. I'm talking about growing flowers, wild flowers. Flowers growing on the side of the road, blossoms showing up on cherry trees, "Indian Paintbrushes" and tulips and poppies.... LOVE flowers. They speak so many things to me.

Each spring I am literally filled with happiness when I see blooms and blossoms. It's a bit early for spring now BUT that doesn't stop the blossoms and blooms from showing up. I have been seeing them recently. I'm not kidding, it makes me so happy!

I remember working with a couple of guys on a one year contract that started in the fall. When spring came round, oh boy! We'd go on five minute walks to get out of the stuffy cubicle environment. I would come alive! I think I freaked them out. I would start skipping and laughing and running from colored petals to colored petals. I would breathe in the scents and stop and stare and smile. I couldn't stop smiling! Life. Glory. Beauty. Hope. That and more I hear from flowers blooming. Do you see? Do you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers