Thursday, December 17, 2009

What a Mighty Good Man


Ever have one of those days when it feels like you're running all day long? That was me today. And now here I sit with feet propped (sortta), Rivera's music playing, tree lights glistening and the girls in bed. ~ sigh ~ Enjoyment. A running day makes for even greater appreciation of the down times that appear in my life.


I had a very gushy moment late this afternoon whilst grabbing a decaf Peets along with my first bite of the day: a fruit and nut scone (if you have never had one from Peets, I tell ya, you are MISSING out). I had just come from a hair appointment that was arranged by my husband. I stood at the bar sipped my coffee and thanked God for my husband. What a man! What a mighty good man. We've had six plus years of marriage so far full of ups and downs, certainties and uncertainties, happy days, angry days, sad days, ecstatic days. He has surprised me and disappointed me. He has hurt me and helped me. And today knowing all that we've been through together I didn't even weigh it out, there is no scale. All I could think was: What a Mighty Good Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers