Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sunk into a Funk but Coming Out


I am home. It is Wednesday night. I arrived Monday morning. I can hardly believe three days have come and gone for me here. I arrived on a high and have sunk into a low... jet-lag sucks. I was really optimistic coming home that I would be untouched by the lag and be able to swing back into life as normal. Maybe that's the issue. Life as normal. "Back to Life, back to Reality"


My full-time job has resumed. House-wife. Mother of two. I will have to pull out my journal from the amazing time away & reflect & remember the moments that spurred desire to return. I was so happy to be coming home to my treasures in life: husband and children. I guess I am missing my hubby since he's working late each night this week and I still have two more full days before the weekend arrives. Ah well... I can handle a week. I can DO it (I mean, it's already more than half over!).


Especially since we have a Christmas tree in the house. Lights manifested themselves last night and the girls decorated as much of the tree as they could reach. It's a bit bottom-heavy. But it's lovely. I do love Christmas trees. Yes. I do. My five year old says to me, "Mama, you're the one who loves trees the most in the whole family, right? Why do you love them so much? Is it cuz they are so beautiful?" How can that NOT cause happiness and smiley goo to just ooze out of me?


And my husband. He is a treasure. I just love him. He is a special treat in my life.


Why am in a funk? Ah - sometimes just to write a reminder to self: life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers