Monday, May 17, 2010

Break Time - a blog to clear my head

I'm currently sitting in my kitchen nook attempting to parent (from a distance while the girls run around in the living room) and do research/study for a class that I am teaching tomorrow night entitled: "The Deep."  I guess I'm taking a little break.  My mind is on sooo many things other than the DEEP...  this blog is about things on my mind right now.

According to dictionary.com DEEP (as a noun) is defined as:
the deep part of a body of water, esp. an area of the ocean floor having a depth greater than 18,000 ft. (5400 m); a vast extent, as of space or time; the part of greatest intensity, as of winter.

...the part of greatest intensity...  hmmm...
thoughts, thoughts and more thoughts...  BSSM homework; catching up to do; home school lesson plans to do (I am loving Confessions of a Homeschooler); financial paperwork for Mom to do; financial issues for my sister to do; readying ourselves for a trip to SF today for Ari's bday; teaching this Deep class tomorrow night; my anniversary plans (we're celebrating SEVEN years in a couple of weeks!); laundry; dishes; being pregnant; finding a name for newest family member; making lunch for the kids; other family issues; getting warm...  my toes are quite cold.

Other thoughts:
I like these recent pictures of us/me from Jorge & Hasina's wedding:


And other thoughts: I think I would like to make crepes (maybe for lunch with some spinach).  I just ran across a crepe recipe on some scratch paper that the girls and I were using to do some painting this morning.  It's from  The Pampered Chef Cooking for Two & More cookbook.  I have never made crepes before.  When I was in grade school I would sleep over at a friend's home.  One of the greatest expectations sleeping at her home was the inevitable crepes the following morning.  Her mom served them with peanut butter and Karo syrup.  I can hardly believe I ate that now that I think of it but MAN I loved them!
OK.  Enough for now... I need to get warm, do some laundry, make some lunch and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers