Thursday, June 17, 2010

Braids. Eggs. Beds.

It's after midnight and I am STILL awake. This is neither my goal nor my desire and yet... here I am! So I figured I would write a bit. Eventually it will totally exhaust me and I will have to pee. I will waddle to the toilet, take care of business, wash my hands and then I'll go to bed. Sorry. A bit TMI, eh?


This evening after a late afternoon swim with my girls and showers for all three of us, we conjured on the couch in our jammies. The plan: comb out their hair, braid it and review some school work at the same time. Dinner? No plans. No thoughts toward dinner whatsoever. None. Can't we just have chips and pico de gallo again? I wasn't really sure what time my darling spouse would be home but I knew it would be later than the norm. We were nearly through the braiding of the hair and the home work review when hubby walked through the back door (that was weird). Thankfully my genius four year old decided she wanted to make dinner tonight: eggs and pancakes. GENIUS! And these are the exact moments that arise to give me reason to keep pancake mix in the pantry. It really is OK that I don't make EVERYthing from scratch. Hallelujah! She and I busied ourselves in the kitchen while Daddy finished home work review with the six year old. The four year old kept cracking eggs into the bowl so I kept chopping veggies to go with. We ended up making omelets (luckily I was the only one who ended up with egg shell in my mouth) and pancakes and were able to squeeze in a bike ride before bed for each of the girls. We even met our new neighbors tonight (she is expecting baby #1 in December - pretty cool!) before our bedtime book reading ritual. Nathan managed to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" while I managed to get three home work assignments done. And then we both did a bunch of other random things on the computer and.... here I still am. But guess what? I have to pee now and I think my eyes are officially burning which basically means: I'm exhausted!

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers